Make more effective decisions in a fraction of the time. I am pretty sure my journey to design thinking began in long pointless meetings, so here is a way to avoid them.
Discussion can slow decisions to a snail’s pace (sorry snails!). A lightning decision jam is a process for getting from problems to solutions in 30 minutes. To save you from a long blog describing it step by step, let’s do one!
- Identify problems we want to solve in the education space.
- Pick the problem to take forward,
- Converting the problem into a ‘How might we…‘ statement and generate ideas to solve it.
- Vote on the ideas to take forward
- Assess impact and effort of each idea
- Identify steps to make the ideas happen in next 2-3 weeks
Add a problem facing education to this document. Double click on one of the un-edited post-its (unedited means it shouldn’t have a problem on it already).
We will vote on the problems we feel are worth tackling.
Check back in to vote once the Problem Post-its have been completed. Sign up to the blog to receive updates as I will share the next post once the problems have been completed.
You can also follow me on twitter to keep up with the lightning decision jam.